The Bud Vase
||This simple design can bring the scent and beauty of flowers into every room
in your home. Plus it's an economical way to try out new and different
- Select a narrow necked vase and fill with water (preferably containing
- Cut flower stem to about twice the height of your vase. Strip stem so
that no leaves will be covered by water. Place flower in vase.
- To give added support and beauty, add a stem or two of linear foliage or a
- Last, to give your bud vase an elegant, balanced look, insert a few small
leaves at the rim of the vase.
- Tip -- Be imaginative with bud vases! Beautiful perfume bottles, recycled
spice jars, or antique apothecary bottles can all hold a stem or two of
- Tip -- Bud vases can make inexpensive, personalized gifts. Select a favorite
flower and place it in a collectible vase. Or to dress up a plain vase,
simply wrap a pretty ribbon around the neck.
Copyright California Cut Flower Commission
© 1995-2016 All America-Phillip'sFlowers Shops, America's Online
Images © 1995-2016
Phillip's Flowers, SAF, CCFC, Eyewire, or PhotoDisc