This simple design can bring the scent and beauty of flowers into every room in your home. Plus it's an economical way to try out new and different flowers!
- Select a narrow necked vase and fill with water (preferably containing floral food.)
- Cut flower stem to about twice the height of your vase. Strip stem so that no leaves will be covered by water. Place flower in vase.
- To give added support and beauty, add a stem or two of linear foliage or a curly twig.
- Last, to give your bud vase an elegant, balanced look, insert a few small leaves at the rim of the vase.
- Tip -- Be imaginative with bud vases! Beautiful perfume bottles, recycled spice jars, or antique apothecary bottles can all hold a stem or two of flowers.
Copyright California Cut Flower Commission