- Fill a low container with wet floral foam (preferably soaked in water with floral food.)
- Cut all flowers and foliage to (approximately) the same length, leaving several stems an inch or two longer for use in the middle of the arrangement.
- Starting from the middle of the foam and working outward in a circular fashion, create a green foundation by inserting foliage. The longest stems go in first.
- Next, repeat this process with your line and mass flowers, inserting the tallest flowers first and working outward to a fan shape.
- Step back and look over your work. make adjustments if desired.
- Last, insert filler flowers to connect all flowers into a pleasing arrangement.
- Tip -- Keep your arrangement under 16 tall so as not to obstruct views across your dining table!
- Tip -- Stretch your flower purchase by cutting long multi flowered stems into smaller sections.
Copyright California Cut Flower Commission